The Zucchini Noodles with Glazed Meatballs recipe is a client favorite. It gives them the ability to enjoy pasta without the added carbohydrates. It is a healthy meal that is not only filling, but satisfying.
I’ve been on a chicken meatball and patty kick for the past few months, and discovering this recipe was something I wanted to share with you.
Every part of this recipe is flavorful. I am not a person who normally eats pasta, and I found it to be satisfying.
Let’s Talk About The Ingredients
As always, this recipe is an outline of what’s possible. You can use substitutes as you see fit to transform it into the dish of your liking.
You can use whatever meat you want. We use chicken because we find it tastes better than turkey. At the same time, we are trying to limit our red meat consumption.
I used almond flour in the meat to lower the number of carbohydrates added. I have found that it works just the same as regular flour. You can even do it without flour at all. It’s your decision.
As far as the noodles go, you can use whatever seasoning you want. I like to keep it simple, so I use salt. If I’m in the mood for more, I use nature’s seasoning. It’s a mixture of salt, garlic, pepper, and onion. Awesome all-purpose seasoning.
Here is the recipe:
Zucchini Noodles With Glazed Meatballs
- 20 oz ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp stevia
- 8 tbsp water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-7 Zucchini spiralized
- Salt To Fit Your Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine chicken, egg, onion, almond flour, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large bowl. Mix until evenly mixed.
- Using a spoon, scoop 1 1/2 tbsp of mixture. Roll into a meatball. Repeat this step with the rest of the meat. Space the balls about 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake meatballs for 25 minutes or until fully cooked. (lightly browned on the outside)
Meatball Glaze Instructions
- Combine soy sauce, garlic cloves, ginger, rice vinegar, stevia. Omit the cornstarch and water.
- Bring to a simmer. Boil the sauce until it reduces slightly.
- In a saucepan, dissolve cornstarch into water. Stir in the glaze ensuring the cornstarch doesn't become clumpy. Simmer sauce until it thickens.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the sauce on the finished meatballs.
Zucchini Noodles Instructions
- Using a large skillet, add olive oil and garlic. Bring to medium heat.
- Add in zucchini. Cook until tender
- Salt as needed.
Bringing It All Together
- Divide zucchini noodles in your choice of prep containers. Add meatballs (amount is your preference). Drizzle remaining glaze on top.
That’s it for this recipe. Don’t forget to enter your email below to subscribe to the Transitional Fitness Coach Blog for new recipe ideas and fitness advice.
And remember, Don’t Play With Your Body. You Only Get One!