The slow cooked teriyaki chicken recipe is a great meal prep recipe for those who get tired of eating plain chicken. It adds a lot of flavor and lets you change up the foods you eat.
You can substitute with any other rice. I prefer the taste of jasmine rice.
Here is the recipe:
Slow Cooked Teriyaki Chicken
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenderloins
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp ginger
Stir Fried Vegetables
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame seed oil
- natures seasoning to taste
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
Teriyaki Chicken Instructions
- In a crock pot, combine soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic and ginger. Stir mixture to combine well.
- Add chicken breasts to mixture.
- Cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours
- Once chicken is done, remove it to a plate and shred with a fork.
- Turn crock pot on high and sprinkle in corn starch. Be sure to stir until it is dissolved to avoid clumping.
- Cover crock pot and let mixture simmer until it thickens.
- Add shredded chicken to slow cooker. Stir until chick is well coated.
Stir Fried Vegetable Instructions
- As the chicken is finishing up, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place all vegetables onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive and sesame seed oils onto the vegetables and toss.
- Sprinkle with natures seasoning.
- Bake vegetables for 15 minutes or until they are tender to your preference.
Jasmine Rice Instructions
- Add water and rice to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until rice is fluffy and all the water has evaporated.
Putting It All Together
- This recipe makes up to 6 meals. Evenly distribute the chicken, vegetables, and rice to bowls.
I hope you enjoyed this teriyaki chicken recipe. Let me know if you try it. Don’t forget to enter your email in the box below to subscribe to our blog for more meal prep ideas and fitness advice.
And remember, Don’t Play With Your Body. You Only Get One!